Friday, 25 July 2014

I wish I'd written it!

Many years ago I began writing a book.  Not because I believe myself to be a budding author or because I wanted to jump on the back of many self published authors, but because I wanted to read a book that hadn't yet been written!  A book about horses and people and adventures. Not a children's book, but one that anyone could lose themselves in.  Now finally I've discovered what might be the very book I wanted and it was written around the time that I was looking.  Now, though, it's been made into a film and so has been republished and found it's way onto the front shelves of popular bookstores.

The book is called 'A New York Winter's Tale' and the movie features Colin Farrell, swoon, and the most stunningly beautiful white horse.
I hope the story proves to be as wonderful as the opening chapter and I'm finding so many inspiring images filling my head as I read.

I'll leave you with these words from the author, Mark Helprin. (and yes, I really wish I'd written this!)

'The tail of the white horse swished back and forth as he trotted briskly down empty avenues and boulevards.  He moved like a dancer, which is not surprising: a horse is a beautiful animal, but it is perhaps most remarkable because it moves as if it always hears music.'

3 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Sounds good, and with Colin Farrell, very easy on the eye (even if it weren't for that beautiful horse).

Yarrow said...

Unfortunately, BB the movie has been slated by the critics!!!

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohhhh colin farrell on horseback (he was in ballykissangel too!!!)