Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Once upon a Time!

Once upon a time, I was a sculptor. My little Studio sat in an almost empty garden and was the most basic little place for pulling shapes from messy clay.  All it had was a table and a shelf full of glazes.
Inside I made horses and Dragons.
Lots of Dragons!
I also made a few other things as well. This was one of my favourite pieces.  I almost wish I hadn't sold it, but I may make another!
I also made many winged horses who flew away to good homes.
My huge Raku Dragon, Gawain is still with me though despite a visit to a couple of galleries!
The red dot on the label below, shows that this little dragon also flew away to a new home.
So what changed and why did I stop? The reason, pure and simple was that my awfully ancient kiln gasped it's last puff of smoke and I didn't have the money for a new one! With the help of a dear friend I have now found a new (to me) kiln which is scheduled to be serviced and wired in next week, YAAAY :D  I have two new bags of clay and a head full of ideas.  I simply can't wait to get started!

Meanwhile, this little sculpture of the wool variety is taking shape and will soon be ready for a new home (if I can bear to part with it!!!)

2 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

You are so creative Kim. One thing I don't have time for at the moment. I am so glad you have a new kiln and can start working on your sculptures again. I look forward to your new creations. I still treasure the beautiful zebra you gave me. He is adorable.

Yarrow said...

Oh thank you BB. I only made a couple of zebras and they may never happen again, so I'm glad you have one.x