Tuesday, 27 September 2016

The hats are back.

Yep, it's that time of year again when it's ok to wear hats be they ever so slightly witchy or just warm and snuggly.  I have some 'normal' hats in the pipeline and some with soft fur-like linings. This is the hat pegged and dried after steaming on my wonderful new hat block from BB at Codlins and Cream.

And this is the wonderful block all waxed up and protected from any abuse I might put it through. I wrap it in a towel before steaming so that the wood doesn't get too damaged, but I think it's been put through a lot of use before coming to me. It's gorgeous, isn't it?
 
And this is a very bad selfie of me in the hat. I love this new style and can't wait for a proper photo shoot to show off some of the others I've been making. They're stiffer and a slightly better shape than the old ones. Now, I'm off to eat before going to the school for my 'other' job! It's so busy in Oakmoon land these days!

6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I am so pleased that the hat block has gone to you to be USED! I have the other one going to the Botanical Gardens Antiques Fair this weekend, so we shall see if someone else falls in love with that.

Your hat is gorgeous - I love that blend of colours. I really MUST try and get some crafting time in soon, proper "me time".

Yarrow said...

I love the hat block and I'd love the other one too!!! What can I say? I'm greedy ;)

Kim Gibson said...

What a great block! I use much more pedantic tools when I get to felt (not often, been a few years) but still have fun.

Tammie Lee said...

that is a wonderful hat and I think a great selfie of you!

Yarrow said...

Thank you Tammie, that's very kind :D

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.